Forum Statistics:

105 posts

It is currently 16 Jul 2019, 04:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tibia-Stats create a quest contest
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2015, 11:06 
Name: Aira Hirasaka
World: Selena
Vocation: Sorcerer

Take all the time you need, and hopefully your situation gets better.

Goodluck!

Top Offline

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2015, 15:56 
co-admin/head data gatherer
Name: Dans cruf
World: Astera

Thanks for the kind words.

I only have two entries left to judge, and one of them is very short. I'll do my best to finish today.

My response from Rejana is that the CM's could come up with a scoring system for all 9 quests and use that to determine a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. What are peoples thoughts on that? (instead of having players vote for the winner)

Top Offline

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2015, 18:01 
Name: Akuma Nikaido

Dans cruf wrote:

I only have two entries left to judge, and one of them is very short. I'll do my best to finish today.

My response from Rejana is that the CM's could come up with a scoring system for all 9 quests and use that to determine a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. What are peoples thoughts on that? (instead of having players vote for the winner)

I think it's for the best.

On the other hand, I also agree with a community voting, but, since the problems already pointed out, I tought of another idea:

You could do a community voting + feedback (where users would post their thoughts about the quests) and, after x days (where you'd decide how many), the poll would be over and you'd make a raffle over the feedbackers. The lucky one would receive a prize (not a great one, just something simple. (Maybe one addon or mounting item that wasn't chosen before).

Anyway, I still think the CM's should be the ones who decides the places :D

I'm ansious about the result, but don't push yourself up!

Top Offline

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2015, 23:03 
Name: Arcanist Karl
World: Lunara

Dans cruf wrote:

Perfect. CM's choosing it. It's hard to avoid some illegal movements on this situations nowadays, so neutral voting by them is perfect.

Good luck everyone!

Top Offline

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2015, 11:51 
Name: Aira Hirasaka
World: Selena

I, too, like the option of CM's making their own scoring system and picking the winners that way.

Perhaps it would escalate further so that more fansite contests would be decided partly by CM's too, it certainly would be a good way to reduce the amount of corruption.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2015, 17:33 

Thanks for the feedback, I will discuss it with Rejana. All entries have been judged, I am conferring with my team now to make sure we are all happy with the decisions and reasoning behind the decisions - if we make any changes as a result of this, I will post so here. After that, we will submit the entries to cipsoft and post them here immediately after. This will take place either tonight or tomorrow based on when my judges are able to respond.

I've also had the idea of a bonus winner for voters. Something very minor, but if the CM's do ultimately decide the winner, this way voting can still take place and with a reward that would be nice to receive, but not worth abusing votes to obtain.

Thanks for all of the interest and support of this contest

Top Offline

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2015, 14:09 

The judges are happy with all of the submissions, and none were changed. So the following 9 have been submitted to CIP for final judging. Congratulations to (in no particular order)

ORKARA - The Secret of Fancy Island - Page 5 and 6 (couldn't fit into one post)

Here is what your judge had to say

Starting a quest via mail is indeed a creative way to get things started. Not every quest need to be started by talking directly to a NPC, not to mention that several quest teasers are letter related. This could be used ingame too.

All three variants of the secret messages were very funny and very different from each other, showing every organization is not like the others two. The chat system in which the NPC speaks unrelated things in default while whispering the real speak in particular also made me laugh.

In addition, another great feature was the way you made it explicit the things are occurring at the same time as the other factions: It’s no easy task to create a 3-way quest and keep things tied up.

And if you consider that there are also subquests inside the mainquest and different ways to complete a single mission, things start to get crazy. The mechanics behind the swimming spy seems promising to me. I am a great fan of wet and underwater environments and I would like to see the swimming feature being better used than it is nowdays.

Finally, I confess I was not expecting a quest so full of references like you did. The encrypted and self-destructing letters, the spy watch, the elf with a golden bow, the insults pirate battle, the three-headed kongra...

Tibia is a game full of allusions and references and your secret service quest is an ode to several pop culture elements from the past and which makes your quest the second biggest secret service quest I’ve ever seen :pirate:

It's a really fun quest that I would love to experience ingame.

SPOONWEAVER - The Emerald Dungeon - Page 4

Good description, very clear and simple to understand instructions. Great amount of creativity inventing a new area and the story behind it. Quest mechanics are also creative, including the portals taking you to different rooms on different days, ensuring different experiences for lots of people. Quest can also be solved without using wiki due
to the hints given. One flaw is that you never decided on what the reward would be. Perhaps the ring itself could become some sort of reward?"

HARDSTYLE ZEBRA - Tamer’s Passion Quest - Page 2

I thought this submission was clear, concise and well presented. The quest sounds fun and the rewards reasonable for the quest effort by the player. To be honest when doing quests in Tibia myself, I tend to go for fun first and rewards second. I'd say this quest is ideal for that. Whilst it seems a short quest, it does get you around the map.

AKUMA NIKAIDO - The Stone Watchmen Quest - Page 4

Good submission and a great amount of thought and effort put into this submission. The quest appears very interactive and I like the fact a weekly task is available too. I thought the NPC transcript was a nice touch.

AIRA HIRASAKA - The Shrouded Island Quest - Page 4

Decent description. Nice use of world events. Fantastic area and monster creation, both descriptively and the images created. All of the monsters fit their locations, and area can be a hunting ground once questing is finished. New monsters also seem pretty interesting,
especially the moon and sun variants. Bosses also very interesting. Tiny critique, I disagree with some numbers (damage, resistances, etc), but that has no impact on judging your entry. Instructions extremely clear and feels very "tibian". Also quite impressed with the npc dialogue. More small critique (no impact on judging) is that not every sentence needs a key word to trigger the next line. E.G Thu'kri: Who are you? What do you want? Leave me alone! Player: want - Want doesn't really make sense as a word here. A standard mission or help would suffice. "

STONECOLD THE MASTER - Saving the Princess - Page 4

You did go for the Princess in distress. A classic!
You stated it’s your first quest and, as it is wise to start with such universal theme.

The balance between the new creatures you came up with and described is something to point out. As lvl 75 Quest you were careful to not add super powerful monsters but careful enough to no break all the challenge, and we can see it when comparing your creations to existing creatures:

Your new hero creature is around two times stronger than a common hero and also slightly stronger than the Black Knight, a lvl 50 creature. This allow him to be placed along other heroes and creatres.

The boss has HP of a Demon, melee and distance slightly weaker than a behemoth (plus exori) and estimated max damage output (without summons) like the Warlord Arena #7 Gnorre Chyllson.

It’s not impossible to solo, as you may see several reports of lvl 75-80 players completing Warlord Arena in many strategies, but for sure the boss is a hard solo challenge to Sorcerers and Druids due to their low max HP at this lvl.
Well, you were advised to take a friend with you anyway...

But the main thing that crossed my eyes was how well it has been written along with the fact that you did not use the wiki spoiler model with outside-view descriptions and orders. Things like "go there” and “use this" aren`t present you did not even throw all the transcriptions by the end of the “page”.

Instead of this, you acted like a dungeon master and placed the dialogs and described dungeons throughout while following the quest line and knew the right time to describe the technical data of the new monsters as you encounter them.

These “little” details did make me feel like I was not reading a guide, but actually experiencing the quest.

I dug that hole;

I made through that tunnel;

I Spoke to that ghost;

I unlocked that door;

I was there!

I have to say that this is, indeed, a very effective way to present a project expecting someone to “buy” your idea.

Obviously lots of effort balancing and dungeon mastering this quest were made, and the final work was a very fluid and captivating damsel in distress classic.
Some may disagree and say it’s so simple that you should look for your princess in another castle, but sometimes simple is better.

TALIZORRAH - The Dragon's Curse Quest - Page 5

And here is what your judge had to say

I like the story behind this and I think the mission titles are a great way to build up the suspense as you progress through the quest. This sounds like a proper adventure quest, albeit a small adventure. As we all know Tibia has a huge history, most of which we learn about through NPC's and books in the game. I think it was your intention to make a subtle reference to that, which was a nice touch.

LUPUS AURELIUS - The Tibian Apocalypse - Page 5

You made a very passionate previous presentation. It was good to see your concern about the overpowered equipment to be limited only to the event period and then reduced to, at least, acceptable levels after his unique-occasion quest.

You, like the other above, knew when to introduce the transcripts and additional NPC related technical data in a good way, maintaining the flow of the quest line.

Also, this idea of books is interesting. Not the part using tomes itself, but spawning few single items available in the server and have players competing with each other to find them and bring to their faction first may have potential:

A team that focuses only in one boss at time will probably not get all of them while the opposite team is focusing in other bosses. Also, if the team forces are spread, it may be not strong enough to kill the bosses in a reasonable time or to surpass the opposite team forces in the same battlefield.

From all the questers under my judgment, you were the only one to come with the concept of a world quest and it was good to see someone suggesting something of global proportions.

Even if it’s a one-time event, I am not sure about all the rewards and penalties you described and some points could be worked out, but you prophesied a quest of apocalyptical proportions and high levels of epicness. For sure it’s a world quest I would like to participate because it would be prophepic

PS: I laughed hard reading your news tickers.

MARCUS DE LAURENTIS -The Recovery of Emotions - Page 6

Description is nice and clear, doesn't need to be any longer than it is. Very impressed with the visual elements of your presentation. Mixed feelings about the rewards. 10 levels seems way too much, especially if tradeable. Invisibility to all creatures also seems too strong. Perhaps entering combat would pause the invisibility? Love the idea of the
free travel. Triple exp also seems too strong. If I could, I would make all the items untradeable. Instructions are extremely clear and variety is good. I think some of the numbers for quests need to be adjusted. Killing 2000 rats for 1 point?
Fishing 1000 fish for 1 point? The concept is good, but remember that ideally the quest should be fun. I like the concept of putting time and effort in and ultimately getting rewarded for it. Your own hard work gets you your reward.

Bonus comments from judges

HU
Crystal Compass Quest

A Enchanted Necromantic Compass in the hand of a dead adventurer pointing to who knows where. I am sure that if I was walking home and find such device I would not follow its doom needle and, hearing what that mage had to say, I would throw it in the middle of the sea as soon as I board a ship to Venore - Haha.

I found the concept of your quest very interesting and I must confess this central idea made me curious about where the quest would leave me and yet more curious about where was it pointing to.

A quest that holds your curiosity gives you something to always think about. Legendary “unfinished quests” like Rookgaard’s Sword of Fury or Ankrahmun’s Serpentine Tower, are made of this!

You should polish this idea ‘cuz you already have a good concept to start from.

VLEK
Lord of Dreams Quest

Your quest is another quest with a great and rich theme to explore better. The dream world has such a huge sandbox potential and the fight among the NKs and BoBs is a great lore.

I have to congratulate you for the way you started and tease your quest just like CipSoft does with its official letters teasers. It is a very nice way to create a background while, at the same time, put the player in the mood.

These are my results.
Sorry other conestants, but I had to draw a line somewhere.

PS: Honourable mention to Honourable Knight of Honera who honoured us with his honourable honerian knight visit.
(I could not resist the joke)

ARCANIST KARL

I was stuck between your quest and another, but ultimately chose the other because I feel that your quest relies too much on the story of the items you have involved. I feel that one item in particular is far too harsh of a requirement and that any adjustments to the quest may impact the story you are presenting. So based on that, I felt my other choice was ultimately better suited for the game. With refinements, your quest would fit in just fine.

If any individual would like feedback on their quests, they are welcome to ask for it (although no promises can be made on feedback being given unfortunately, it could be very time consuming). Anyone is welcome to post their feedback as well, but abusive or aggressive messages will be deleted. This is a contest to encourage and reward creativity and everyone who entered should be praised for their efforts.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2015, 15:39 
Name: Akuma Nikaido

I'd love to receive my feedback, from any other contestants, from other judges, from any forum user :D

Also, Dans, if possible, could you ask the CM's to write a feedback together with their votes? I can't even describe how nice would it be to receive some comments by them!!

Congratulations on all that submited their entries and on all finalists! Good luck to everyone!

Top Offline

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2015, 22:49 

I'll mention that to her.

Here is a quick list of winners since my post can be a bit difficult to shift through

ORKARA
SPOONWEAVER
HARDSTYLE ZEBRA
AKUMA NIKAIDO
AIRA HIRASAKA
STONECOLD THE MASTER
TALIZORRAH
LUPUS AURELIUS
MARCUS DE LAURENTIS

Top Offline

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2015, 22:22 
Name: Katyhros

Dans cruf wrote:
If any individual would like feedback on their quests, they are welcome to ask for it (although no promises can be made on feedback being given unfortunately, it could be very time consuming). Anyone is welcome to post their feedback as well, but abusive or aggressive messages will be deleted. This is a contest to encourage and reward creativity and everyone who entered should be praised for their efforts.

IF it is possible, can i have a feedback about my quest? Just curiosity.

Thanks

Top Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next