Forum Statistics:

39 posts

It is currently 16 Jul 2019, 04:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skilling research - shielding [article discussion]
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2011, 12:10 
Name: Mirunwin
World: Guardia
Vocation: Knight

Yes you are right, it seemed to me that The Stomper and Demonving Axe are similar to The Avenger defense factor. My bad :)
I cancel previous comments, great article.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2011, 17:27 
Name: Varyjan

It's a nice article, even though most of the finds were already known by the interested part of the playerbase :)

And i have to say that training spot is pure awesomeness, especially on non-pvp. Been training there for weeks without seeing another human being. Too bad i outgrew that spawn and had to move on to bigger training prey.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 22:04 
Name: Nihtgenga
World: Pacera
Vocation: Druid

Why did you not use a shield with 20 def...? or a weapon with 8 def... The results are amazing but what do they proof?

Top Offline

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 22:16 
head researcher
Name: Gorak
World: Refugia
Vocation: Paladin

Nihtgenga wrote:
Why did you not use a shield with 20 def...? or a weapon with 8 def... The results are amazing but what do they proof?

Why not? It was a matter of choice I guess. A lower shield defense would give more accurate results over a short testing period, same with weapon defense. I also wanted to use weapons that were suited to the knight's skills I was testing with.

What does it prove? Exactly what I said:

Quote:
While this may be a choice of style, the sword only modifies the shields defense, it does not act as your main defense.

It does matter if you have a sword skill of 100 and a defense on a sword of 100, if you wear a shield even with 8 defense and a skill of 10, the shield will be counted for your defense not the sword.

If you scroll to the bottom of the article, the main points are nicely laid out for you.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 21:45 
Name: Leferty

What I'd want to know is, if difference is same if you're attacking a monster. You can defend yourself better if monster that is attacking you is unmarked. If you'll mark (attack) it, will it still wont matter if you'll have shield on?

Top Offline

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2012, 03:10 
head researcher

Leferty wrote:
What I'd want to know is, if difference is same if you're attacking a monster. You can defend yourself better if monster that is attacking you is unmarked. If you'll mark (attack) it, will it still wont matter if you'll have shield on?

Does not matter if it is marked or unmarked, if you are on full defense.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 08:32 
senior team member
Name: Aissy

Gorak wrote:
Leferty wrote:

Does not matter if it is marked or unmarked, if you are on full defense.
And what about when we are on full attack? :)

I heard rumours that when on full attack you block better when not having the monster as marked, is there any truth to this? ^^

Top Offline

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 19:11 
head researcher

No, in my tests it did not matter what mode you were on if you were not actively attacking anything, it all acted as if it was full defense.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 22:32 
senior team member
Name: Aissy

Gorak wrote:
No, in my tests it did not matter what mode you were on if you were not actively attacking anything, it all acted as if it was full defense.
Thats very nice to know. I got that feeling that it might be this way but its hard to tell for sure when I havnt really tested it out.

Another thing, which is probably even harder to tell but I know no one better to ask...
The same situation as last time, with full attack and a monster selected/not selected.
If we dont select attack on a monster but instead uses spells/runes like exori gran/avalanche, does this count the same as selecting attack on a monster and giving us lower defense or is the defense only lowered when we actually select attack?

Top Offline

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2012, 15:20 
head researcher

Only lowered when you actually select attack and if you have balanced or full attack as your option. Otherwise, with nothing selected it is the same as full defense.

Top Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next