Forum Statistics:

105 posts

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 09:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tibia-Stats create a quest contest
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2015, 06:57 
team member
Name: Diaba dos Infernus
World: Rubera

This may be caused by your timezone.
To my timezone, Dans closed the contest at 27 June at 10:24 am.

Just to be sure, I checked and so far I could find no post edited after the contest has been officially closed, so there is no harm in this eventual timezone variation. The closest edit I found was registred more than 4 hours before Dans' post.

In order of appearance, considering my timezone, the edited submissions I could find were edited at:
30 May
26 June
22 June
25 Jun
25 June
25 June
27 June, at 2:49 am (7h and 35 minutes before Dans' post)
26 June
27 June, at 6:00 am (4hours and 24 minutes before Dans' post)

Top Offline

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2015, 15:14 
co-admin/head data gatherer
Name: Dans cruf
World: Astera
Vocation: Sorcerer

The only way an edit would cause an entry to be ignored would be if it was a post that wasn't an entry that after the deadline turned into an entry. I have no problem with things like fixing mistakes or small alterations. I'll check the edit history later today (I only have 5 minutes free right now and two went into this post) and see what was done.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2015, 19:30 
Name: Aira Hirasaka
World: Selena

I personally believe letting the CM's decide is the best solution, specially with all this fansite-corruption going on.

Though I do understand why you wish to include the community.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2015, 01:04 

I will hold a vote about voting (irony, I know). Voting for or against players voting. Once I submit the submissions to Cip on Monday, I'll open the vote and close it on Friday. If more players vote against voting for a winner then I will discuss with Rejana having other staff ultimately deciding the winner.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2015, 23:47 
Name: Orkara

Dear Dans cruf,

there seems to be some problems with mine and at least some of lupus aurelius screenshoots. Due to inactivity they seem to be "deleted" from the screenshoot page.

Will it be allowed to edit the forumposts to reupload them or did you make some kind of backup from the whole posts for the cms? The screens i have had posted partly explained and supported the written down textparts so they are kind of "needed" for some of it to understand it...

Top Offline

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 00:30 

I'm seeing both of your pictures perfectly, I think it might be a problem on your end. Please don't edit your posts unless I ask you to do so :)

Top Offline

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 13:44 
Name: Orkara

matter solved it was my provider that played tricks on me and blocked parts of the net or had bad connection day ...

because it happend on 3 devices i guessed its the non premium upload of the images, never had such trouble with my provder before normaly whole net connection is troubled and not only parts of its

Top Offline

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 16:14 

I've messaged Rejana about potentially having cip decide the winners. I will let you know her response when I have it.

Two of my three judges have finished deciding their favourite three. I am still keeping them anonymous (unless they choose to reveal themselves, that is up to them). It's probably no surprise that I am also a judge (my team isn't so big anymore). I have revealed exactly how our entries were assigned to judges and I like to think I have a good enough reputation within the community to be given the trust that I will not be biased. Who judged which entry will not be revealed though.

I am currently on page 4 (out of 6) of judging my assigned entries. However, I have been swarmed with real life the last week and a bit. It's not really appropriate to give details of my personal life here, but I also have a responsibility towards this contest so some amount of detail needs to be presented. In short, I have spent more time in hospital (visiting) in the last week than I have at home. Today is the first day since two Fridays ago that I have had more than an hour to myself. I don't wish for sympathy, but this is the reason for the delay in entry submissions.

Ideally it would have been submitted last Friday and I then followed up by saying Monday would be the day. My two teammates were on time, so the delay is entirely on me, so apologies for anybody who is unhappy with this. I will post here as soon as I have submitted the full list of entries to Cipsoft.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 19:11 
Name: Akuma Nikaido

Don't worry about it, bro. Real life comes first place.

My best wishes for the one you're visiting and keep going :D

Top Offline

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2015, 05:25 
Name: Lupus Aurelius
World: Fortera
Vocation: Paladin

Hi, my PC is broken so I dont really know If im gonna be able to post in the following days. So i will do it now since it seems to be working xD, and if you dont see more answers from me is cause my pc finally broke up... :thumbdown:

First, @Dans, my best wishes for your real life issues. Hope everything goes fine for you. And don't worry, as it was stated above me, rl comes first, ALWAYS.

Second, abour players voting. I'm not sure about this. Players could vote to try to manipulate results... personally I trust that the staff of the fansite and the CMs will vote with more objetivity. If you ask me I would prefer a non-vinculating discussion or real feedback about the submissions stating the reasons of why you like/dislike the quest, among other factors, etc (besides this it could help the staff to make their choice based on this feedback without being attached to it) instead a simple vote.

I will be following the forum from my phone.

My 2 cents!. hugs for everyone! :luv:

Top Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next