Forum Statistics:

25 posts

It is currently 20 Jun 2019, 23:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask a CM a question competition
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 21:55 
Name: Lathros

How do you feel towards the way the community reacted to the flash client?

Top Offline

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 02:13 
Name: Bittsy the druid
World: Astera
Vocation: Druid

Hiya Dans! long time no see haha..
Well my question would be:

I have been playing Tibia nearly a decade. In the time I've played I've seen some good changes and some bad. firstly, do you think Tibia nowadays is better then it was say 5 years a go? and which parts do you still think could be improved?

Thanks!
Bittsy the druid

Top Offline

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 03:23 
Name: Lord Zenor
World: Menera
Vocation: Paladin

Hmm...my question would have to be "Have there been any funny or embarrassing moments while working as the head of the fan-site relations, if not, how about while working in the auditorium?"

Top Offline

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 04:05 
Name: Song of Kyuudou

Good evening everyone! This is a question for CM Rejana, but it's not about fansites really. Hope that's alright. Anywaym here it is:

As you know, Tibia is a very old game and changes drastically and rapidly. I have played on-and-off for many years, and have seen many faces of this game as it has grown. As a personal opinion, I believe it is more balanced and fun than it has ever been, with a few exceptions.

Over the last five years or so, Tibia has adapted the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" strategy in regards to botting. The addition of ambient light, stamina, offline training, auto-aim, exhaustion, etc. are all things that Tibians of the past would never dream of. And while these things make the game for fair, and arguably less appealing to botters, they have fundamentally shifted the foundation of the game, and as a natural extension, the playerbase.

These features, which have basically eradicated powergaming/powerleveling, have also alienated ~5-10% of the most hardcore players, but have been enjoyed by the common casual players, as expected. This new direction for the landscape of the game is one of two facets of the new 'face' of Tibia; the others being runes from NPCs, the marketplace, and NPC chat. As convenient as those features are, they have also eviscerated the social aspect of this game.

Sorry for the long buld up, I'll get to the point here. Obviously these features have been changed to make the game 'easier', and require much less effort and frustration than the Tibia of the past. Naturally, when an MMO makes these kinds of changes, they are attempting to attract more casual players. Obviously, Tibia is on the decline in popularity and is just not attracting new players. How do you reconcile these two conflicting facts? How is the compromise between ease/smoothness of gameplay and loss of Tibia's identity (by identity, I mean the features that distinguish Tibia from other RPGs)? Do you attribute the lack of new players in Tibia to these new features, which make Tibia more like every other RPG? What direction or compromises is Cipsoft going to need to make to attract new players, as well as keeping Tibia fresh while also keeping it 'the same old' Tibia at the same time (as to not lose old players)?

Kind of an in-depth question, but I know it's on the mind of many people. Hopefully I worded it well enough. Thank you for your time!

Top Offline

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 07:49 
Name: Baron Armistice

CM Rejana

In the last couple of months, Tibia has been DDOS attacked twice, the previous one shutting down all North American game worlds. When these event's take place, how serious do the staff of CipSoft address them?

Top Offline

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 18:54 
Name: Draki Lee

As tibia recently turned 15 years old, We saw a multitude of changes to include world chat which allowed players of different worlds to speak freely with their native language. As head of fansite relations, Do you find it difficult to deal with all the different languages that many fansites have or do you have a team underneath you that speak these many languages?

Top Offline

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2013, 06:02 
Name: Kevin Fontaine

Hi CM Rejana 8) ,

Is there old quests that aren't solved yet by anybody?? And what about items that are availables, but none ever found how to get it? :lol:

Yours,
Kevin Fontaine.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2013, 23:56 
co-admin/head data gatherer
Name: Dans cruf
World: Astera
Vocation: Sorcerer

Thanks for the posts so far. The competition will end on Friday at midnight Cest.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2013, 03:59 
Name: Lord Zenor
World: Menera
Vocation: Paladin

Cauliflower wrote:
Why do you let spanish/brasil people make so many contests only for native speakers even tho they are the only nationalities which do so?

Definitely a good question!

Top Offline

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2013, 23:20 
Name: Mage Rani
World: Elysia
Vocation: Sorcerer

Hey!

If you could be a Tibian superhero with insane skills and power, what weapons, outfit, and nickname you would pick?:P

Top Offline

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next