It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 16:13

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Server overload problems
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2011, 14:14 
Site Admin
Name: Kagonesti
World: Astera
Vocation: Sorcerer

Hmm it shouldn't contain double loot... there is a chance to get two or more entires with the same data - that happened when you had a loooot of loot logs in specific time range or the player with previous id had such huge logs - server couldn't manage such amount of data and it repeated the merging action. Can you PM me the loot (link to the loot entry) which has doubled entries?

The loot merging was a must - we had over 2 million entires to database which slowed down the serer a lot... still it didn't fix the loot adding problems :/. It is rather annoying.. we have now two thing to do - one is to reduce the impact on the site by dos attacks, other one is to make the site more server economic.

Please be patient with us.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2011, 14:14 
Site Admin

Hmm it shouldn't contain double loot... there is a chance to get two or more entires with the same data - that happened when you had a loooot of loot logs in specific time range or the player with previous id had such huge logs - server couldn't manage such amount of data and it repeated the merging action. Can you PM me the loot (link to the loot entry) which has doubled entries?

The loot merging was a must - we had over 2 million entires to database which slowed down the serer a lot... still it didn't fix the loot adding problems :/. It is rather annoying.. we have now two thing to do - one is to reduce the impact on the site by dos attacks, other one is to make the site more server economic.

Please be patient with us.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2011, 01:03 
Name: Mcclane

Hows the fix coming along? It sure has been dead around here for a while now.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 14:31 
Site Admin

We did some changes in our databses, it seems that it helped a bit - that shows us in which direction we should go :).

I would like to hear from you if the amount of errors has decreased etc. it would be really helpful.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 15:41 
senior team member
Name: Dot the fisher
World: Guardia
Vocation: Knight

Right now I have no problems at all. I'm not sure if it's permanent or not thou

Top Offline

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2011, 07:36 
Name: Mcclane

:cry: Yea, no more errors here today. Just wondering how the loot calculator is coming along. I am having loot calculator withdraws.. :cry:

Top Offline

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2011, 10:32 
Site Admin

The loot counter is still offline - and it will be like that for at least 10 more days - and probably a little bit longer... at the moment the programmer is on vacations and I have no idea how to make this script working properly :P.

But the good news is that the one of the problems has been reduced (which were dos attacks). The next step... we have two options one would be releasing this legendary :P new engine - with not all features yet and then adding them slowly. Or fixing the loot counter here and using a bit more time on the engine (but that could take much longer than a while then... knowing my brother)

Top Offline