7 posts

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 10:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Grimvale creatures
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2015, 12:48 
Name: Blustats
World: Secura
Vocation: Druid

Do you need help checking for weaknesses and loot? These haven't really been added yet...

I still have a few hours of saved server logs from hunting during the Full Moon (when Moonlight Crystals are added to their loot table) that I could dump here if needed. If someone is going to go out and research elemental weaknesses/resistances be aware that wereboars (I think it was them, could have been badgers) can drop your magic level.

Top Offline

Post subject: Re: Grimvale creatures
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2015, 22:30 
co-admin/head data gatherer
Name: Dans cruf
World: Astera
Vocation: Sorcerer

Hi.

Gorak is in charge of our resistances, but he doesn't attend the website anymore. Honestly, I don't know how many people even look at our resistances. As far as loot goes, any logs that are uploaded to tibia-stats, I can personally select to be included into loot tables. So if you upload a log, I'll certainly have a look :)

Thanks for bringing it up. I don't play anymore and my team is quite small, so there isn't much chance of new things getting much attention.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2015, 15:17 

I've dumped my saved logs here:

http://www.tibia-stats.com/index.php?akcja=5001&hunid=92934

Any previous loot entries I made for werecreatures this month will probably be dupes so don't add those. Can I join the team and what are the best ways to test for weakness/resistances aside from field runes? Just hitting things a lot and checking the damage averages? Open traps just do regular physical damage, right?

Top Offline

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2015, 04:33 
head researcher
Name: Gorak
World: Refugia
Vocation: Paladin

Yes, unfortunately I have been fairly busy lately. There are many more monsters other than the Grimvale creatures that need values added, and I guess even more that might require some updating.

Dans is the right person to talk to about joining the team, and I would personally love to teach someone who is interested how to check resistances. The elemental damages are pretty easy to figure out - simply hit the creature your are testing with an area spell with a creature you already know the resistance of. If this is not possible, I use wands and rods and check the minimum and maximum damage done.

The physical damage resistance for most stronger creatures is quite time consuming and difficult to calculate (I compare damages using elemental arrows and then make an educated guess on the resistance and armor values that will account for all values recorded).

Top Offline

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2015, 05:05 

The log that you linked is to 5 bear kills. Is Jess your main lootlog uploader?

And sorry but even if I wanted to, I can't add anyone to the team. Literally. It's a power exclusive to the admin, who I've now gone 1 year and 1 month without hearing from.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2015, 00:09 

Gorak wrote:
Yes, unfortunately I have been fairly busy lately. There are many more monsters other than the Grimvale creatures that need values added, and I guess even more that might require some updating.

Dans is the right person to talk to about joining the team, and I would personally love to teach someone who is interested how to check resistances. The elemental damages are pretty easy to figure out - simply hit the creature your are testing with an area spell with a creature you already know the resistance of. If this is not possible, I use wands and rods and check the minimum and maximum damage done.

The physical damage resistance for most stronger creatures is quite time consuming and difficult to calculate (I compare damages using elemental arrows and then make an educated guess on the resistance and armor values that will account for all values recorded).

Hmm I don't have a paladin above level 50 to check using the same methods. Do you know if explosion runes/physical strike are affected by the creatures armor value or if they bypass that somehow?

Dans cruf wrote:
The log that you linked is to 5 bear kills. Is Jess your main lootlog uploader?

And sorry but even if I wanted to, I can't add anyone to the team. Literally. It's a power exclusive to the admin, who I've now gone 1 year and 1 month without hearing from.

Yes that's my main uploader. I only saw the regular bears part too and was hoping you'd be able to see more but I suppose since I don't have permission to add moonlight crystals all of my werecreature loot was completely omitted when I submitted it. I hope Kago is okay.

I dumped my saved logs into a paste site here: http://pastebin.com/2Yymah8C

Top Offline

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 11:41 

Apparently checking the forum from my phone made this post marked as read. Sorry for the late response.

New monster has been added to the database: Owin!
New item has been added to the database: moonlight crystals!

Thank you very much.

Top Offline