:whistle: and kicks dirt~ ...wonder who won the contest

Top Offline

Post subject: Re: Patience...
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 23:42 
co-admin/head data gatherer
Name: Dans cruf
World: Astera
Vocation: Sorcerer

Soon young grasshopper, hopefully tonight. There will also be a surprise to be announced :)

Top Offline

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2013, 07:43 
co-admin/head data gatherer
Name: Dans cruf
World: Astera
Vocation: Sorcerer

After a long discussion tonight, we came down to 4 questions which we thought stood out to us. We debated back and forth, and even went off topic as a result of some of the questions, but in the end we have decided a winner (finally!)

Congratulations to Kseni of Chimera who posted the following question

"You have both been involved in rule enforcement and community duties. Do you ever miss the time and opportunity to assist with the most pressuring issue for Tibians - cheating? Or do you feel more comfortable with your new role as a community manager?"

As the winner, you have earned a golden rune emblem of your choice. I will contact you in private to discuss the details.

There is also a bonus to announce. Our competition was for our team to pick a winner, but I also secretly agreed with Rejana (ironically due to her role as head of fansites making her the person I stay in touch with for the rewards to be delivered and news to be posted). I have picked my own favourite question and the person who posted that question shall receive a silver rune emblem of their choice.

My choice was posted by Razzdar and is as follows

"How much of a role do you think fan sites play/have played in Tibia's success?"

I will also contact you in private to discuss the details.

Congratulations to you both :ninja:

I am aware the the choice of winners may prove controversial, both members are part of the tibia-stats team. This is something I am not going to hide, so I will just bluntly address it in the hopes of offering assurance for people who may be concerned the competition wasn't fair.

When I made the competition, I did not have tibia-stats team members posting in mind. This is the first competition I have taken 100% control over since Kagonesti made me the admin for the site, so the small detail slipped my mind. It would be unfair for me to disqualify their posts as I had not implied in the rules that team members may not post.

The original decision making process was supposed to be done by our team who wished to take part in the choosing process, but as a result of team members taking part, I instead chose a specific member to assist me with the decision making process. This team member has no connection to the people who posted other than being fellow team members. The person is not friends with these people in game and as far as I know, there has been no interactions between any of the posters and the person I picked to help me.

I made Rejana aware of this and got full approval. As for the questions themselves, names weren't really looked at when it came to picking. There were 3 pages of questions to read through, names would have been forgotten as soon as they were seen regardless.
I have no way to prove this, so if you wish to dispute it, you are free to do so.

We talked about most of the posts, and had 6 posts floating around for discussion before we trimmed it down to 4. From those 4, we gave each of them an in-depth talk over before deciding upon our own favourites. This person was also not aware that I was going to be picking my own question. The 4 questions we discussed were discussed under the mindset that the one we think will produce the most interest from our community and trigger the best response is the one that would be the winner, and that is how Kseni's question was determined to be the winner.

We did not mention names at any point during the discussions and I offer full assurances that there was no favouritism or bias with the winners. I hope that my post is satisfactory for anybody with concerns and this is a lesson learnt for myself for competitions in the future.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2013, 08:33 
Name: Lord Zenor
World: Menera
Vocation: Paladin

I would be lying if I said the winners didn't seem suspicious but I have no reason to go down this train of thought as I haven't witnessed any such behavior from the Tibia-Stats team in the past. Perhaps next time, it may be wise to make it clear if staff members can participate etc. :)

Learn and Live On.

Regardless, congratulations to both the winners! The questions were indeed good ones. Looking forward to the interview! :thumbup:

Signed,
Lord Zenor :pally:

Top Offline

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2013, 19:43 
team member
Name: Razzdar

Hi,

Thank you for choosing my question and your messages of congratulations! Congratulations to Kseni of Chimera!.

Look forward to reading the interview

Razzdar

Top Offline