4 posts

It is currently 23 Jul 2019, 11:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Ability to Delete unwanted items on your count loot results
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2013, 00:52 
team member
Name: Diaba dos Infernus
World: Rubera

Ill try to explain as far as my english allows. I hope it stays clear and easy to understand.

Everyone here know how the count loot is a great tool to find detailed info. about your hunts, and, for me at last, its utility is mainly aimed for the time when the loot has to be shared after a party hunting with my friends. However, the complete value given, in most of cases, is not the real value of the loot we carry as we did not got some heavy loot and other items that we do not carry due to its uselessness.

As the tool is configured at the moment, it is possible to delete any monster data recorded on my log once I am logged on the website. So, lets say I have killed a dozen rotworms on the way to a dragon lair. I can exclude those kills and its loot at the same time if I'd like to, but i cant Delete a particular item recorded by my Server Log.

My proposal is to add a Delete function on the side of the item appearing on the Show/Hide Details.

Let me explain better using a real scenario I found on one of my past huntings:

Lets say me and a friend are hunting Dragons and Dragon Lords, no matter how long and hunting stile used, and killed 250 Dragons and 75 Dragon Lords. Between more valuable items items, we looted:

- 54 Steel Shields that sell for 80 gps ecach on any armor shop, wich sums 4320 gps.
- 21 Crossbows that sell 160 gps each on fibula, wich sums 3360 gps.
- 9 Long Swords that sell for 51 gps each on any weapon shop, wich sums 459 gps.
- 3 Plate Legs that sell for 115 gps each on any armor shop, wich sums 345 gps
- 11 Royal Spears that I am not really sure if we can sell to a NPC even if the tool says its 15 gps each, but that would sum another 165 gps

Assuming my blocker and his bottomless backpack carried every single item that is not listed above, in the end, we'll have left behind 8649 gps that IS counted on by the tool. It gets worse when hunting Gastly Dragons, Behemoths and another creatures that drops TONS of heavies with low market value, and so I have to calculate-out the lesser items every time the count loot is used to share the loot.

I'm not sure about the viability of this proposal once I know nothing about codes and software development, But since, my loot does not influence the site main database nor I can add items that are not usually dropped by that creature like the party lampions from the King's day Mini change, I would be happy to see the addition of a function where I can delete any item I did not picked up and/or not want to take part of the loot results, even if by any change of this loot details I get blocked to add them to my database. This way, only beeing possible to add only the unchanged details, would prevent the few chosen players to select by mistake what will be added to the main database.

Top Offline

Post subject: Re: Ability to Delete unwanted items on your count loot resu
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2013, 15:22 
Site Admin
Name: Kagonesti
World: Astera
Vocation: Sorcerer

You have a point here, the "delete" item from loot log is possible to add, but what would you say for a filter instead?

In which you would mark the items which you didn't pick (and in the more distant future add the option to save the filter and by one click load the list of ignored items)-> and the results would show the overall loot droped by killed creatures, loot which most likely has been picked, and loot which has been ignored. That probably would be a nicer option.

While the idea is cool, it may take time to implement it - the lack of free time to work on tibia-stats is an issue here :/. But it doesn't look like something taking much time, so maybe I will convince my brother to add such tool :).

Top Offline

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2013, 18:18 
team member
Name: Diaba dos Infernus
World: Rubera

Kagonesti wrote:
what would you say for a filter instead?

In which you would mark the items which you didn't pick (and in the more distant future add the option to save the filter and by one click load the list of ignored items)-> and the results would show the overall loot droped by killed creatures, loot which most likely has been picked, and loot which has been ignored. That probably would be a nicer option.

A filter and some mark boxes look easier to use. I was talking about Delete buttoms as a proposal because it is almost the same as the already existing monster model. As i said, I don't understand such things as programing and was trying to be close to an existing idea thinking it would be easier to make and explain.

Kagonesti wrote:
While the idea is cool, it may take time to implement it - the lack of free time to work on tibia-stats is an issue here :/. But it doesn't look like something taking much time, so maybe I will convince my brother to add such tool :).

I am aware about the time issue. The easier and less time consuming model you find that also works the same as intend will be the better option here, I think =D So If by any chance it need some adjustments and other improvements, like the options you mentioned, it can be done slowly latter.

Also, High-five your brother for me o/

Top Offline

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013, 17:53 
team member
Name: Fendin
World: Magera
Vocation: Knight

Something that goes along side this proposal might be the option to have custom prices saved to the players account.

The loot counter currently only calculates to be NPC price, however, a white piece of cloth for example is never 100 gp, it is usually in the thousands. If the player could adjust the prices to be more current for their server, they would get a more accurate profit amount.

This, coupled with the proposed idea of deleting or filtering items, would give an almost precise value for the hunt every time, based on the individual person. This would prompt even more people to use the site to calculate their loot, and to become registered users to gain the ability to have their settings saved so they do not have to enter them manually each time.

It may be easier to work on both simultaneously for the saved settings aspect, however I could be wrong and that may be more difficult. Either way, knowing about both ideas side by side may be of assistance.

Top Offline