It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 16:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Item resistance research [article discussion]
PostPosted: 15 May 2011, 13:16 
Site Admin
Name: Kagonesti
World: Astera
Vocation: Sorcerer

Tibia-Stats would like to invite you to comment on the research article: "Item resistance research". Feel free to give feedback on it and share your opinion about it with other players here.

Top Offline

Post subject: Re: Item resistance research [article discussion]
PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 16:19 
Name: Lee kun

I know it's been exactly one year since the Research's release, but...

For a lv100 mage, this is the equivalent of having 160 MORE hp - which is 40 levels!

Shouldn't it be 32 levels? After all, 32*5 = 160

And by the way, where did the 160 come from? It can't be based on the mage's HP, otherwise it would be just higher for higher levels, and that's not 20% of 645 (HP at level 100).

Top Offline

PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 19:02 
Artist in residence
Name: Trishula
World: Menera
Vocation: Druid

Well, it said you could get 20% def bonus from ice and life drain, meaning it would have evasive bonus agaisnt all the Frost dragons distance spells

"For example if you are a mage fighting frost dragons from a distance [...]"

The Frost Dragon distance spell are:
Smoke Strike (0-200; does Physical Damage), Smoke Wave (0-380; does Life Drain), Ice Wave (very strong Paralyze), Avalanche (0-240) or (strong Paralyze).

So:
200 + 380 + 240 = 820*0,2 = 164

I'm guessing that's where the 160hp came from. And you are totally right about 160/5 ? 40

Anyway thanks alot, it's nice to see players still using our researches and caring about them as much as you did. I believe Kago can fix this simple mistake. Thanks again!

Top Offline

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 03:25 
Name: Aradia Megido
World: Secura
Vocation: Paladin

got a few questions about this article myself, four in fact

in the , it displayed how resistance %s in elemental equipment are not additive, but in fact multiplicative, making it impossible to 100% resist anything. Does this apply to physical resistance as well?

for example, Zaoan Helmet (5%), Dwarven Armor(5%), Dwarven Legs(3%), Guardian Boots(2%), Gill Necklace(15%), Prismatic Ring(10%), and Prismatic Shield(4%)... is this 44%, or in fact only 37% (1*.95*.95*.97*.98*.85*.90*.96)? I'm fairly sure cause of the stone skin amulet example that it is multiplictative, just wanting to make sure it is for full equipment sets...

my second question is, which reduces damage first? There's 3 reducters, DEF, ARM, and Physical Resistance%. I think DEF(shielding) comes first, but which comes first after that, ARM or PhysRes?
And does it calculate all ARM then all Phys Res, all Phys Res then all Arm, or does it count it 1 piece of armor at a time?

thirdly, if I wear 7 pieces of PhysRes gear I mentioned above, does each one guarantee the minimum of 1 dmg blocked individually? Like, if I had full phys res gear but only took say 30 damage, am I guaranteed to block 7 dmg from phys res + whatever ARM reduces? Or does all phys res combine and only block 1 dmg, total?

and fourth and final, i noticed in the calculator on armor that arm 1,2,3 all had same stats, then it changed at arm4 by a increase of +1 min and +2 max, and that ammount increased again every 2 arm. does this mean having a odd # of arm is a bad thing, like, if i had 31 arm but could leave my scarf at home to have 30 arm, would i still block the same ammt of actual dmg? or is that just rounding making it look silly?

ty for reading all of this :)

Top Offline

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 16:36 
head researcher
Name: Gorak
World: Refugia

I will answer the fourth question which I know for sure. Yes it seems that odd numbers make no difference, for example armor 4 and 5 are the same. A great place to test this is at those spikes on the -1 floor near greenshore http://www.tibialibrary.org/maps?x=32299&y=32103&z=8&zoom=6. These spikes normally do 60 dmg, but they affect only armor and physical resistance, you will not be able to figure out about defense reduction here.

Regarding which reduces damage first... this is a hard question. At those spikes (which do 60 dmg naked), I tried wearing zaoan helmet, master archers armor, and yalahari legs for a total of 32 armor (decreases hits from 16-31 dmg) and 5% physical resistance. The hits I took were between 26 and 41 damage, which correlates to physical resistance taken into account first.

(60*.95)-31=26 to (60*.95)-16=41

If armor was taken off first:

(60-31)*.95=28 to (60-16)*.95=42

So it is clear that physical resistance is calculated before armor, however you may wish to perform some more tests with multiple pieces of physical resistance armor although I expect that all physical is reduced first and then all armor. Regarding defense, I believe that it is calculated after physical resistance. However, I am not sure if it is calculated before or after armor, and would require a fair bit of work to figure out by comparing the distributions of hits on a target.

I hope that I have steered you in the right direction, and perhaps you wouldn't mind doing some of these tests and reporting back to us to let us know what you find out.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 22:25 
Name: Aradia Megido
World: Secura

i will indeed! one test i already can think of a few ways to do so, i didn't know about the spikes being a set-60, that helps! i'll report back my findings, but due to other things it may take a while.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2012, 04:38 
head researcher
Name: Gorak
World: Refugia

Also if you do any testing on a pvp world with other players, remember that even when you are naked you are using your fists as defense. Putting on a bow or crossbow will negate this effect.

Top Offline