It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 09:55

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Interview with Count Tofifti
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 22:27 
Site Admin
Name: Kagonesti
World: Astera
Vocation: Sorcerer

Tibia-Stats would like to invite you to comment on our interview with Count Tofifti.

Feel free to give feedback on it and share your opinion about it with other players here.

Top Offline

Post subject: Re: Interview with Count Tofifti
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 01:23 
Name: Rhyr Sic
World: Candia
Vocation: Knight

Quote:
"Hell... it's about time."

- Tychus Findlay

BUT! In fact...
Thats the single best day you could release the interview. This restores my much hurting faith of Tibia's continued evolution.

@interview
Thats one big interview.
The stuff he says about vocations sounds very promising. Hopefully they will redefine party hunting as we know it.

Cant wait to see all these ideas come become real.
Ill have one or two more questions tho, about the rainbow shield and stuff:p. To be seen tomorrow in the ticker thread, I guess.

Anyway, you did a great job, awesome read.<3

/rAVE

Top Offline

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 19:23 
Name: xumiwan

I was looking forward to this but im disappointed. Its a some what stupid article. He was bombard with the same question over and over about vocation balancing. He gave the same answer over and over too because he obviously isnt allowed to spoil anything. Everything he said we knew from tibia.com...

Alright maybe Im being to hard. I did enjoy the first 5 or so questions about him.

There is a typo in the article description on tibia-stats homepage
Quote:
If you want to know what informations did we grt from him then check it out!

Top Offline

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 20:55 
co-admin/head data gatherer
Name: Dans cruf

We didn't ask him the questions one at a time, we gave them all at once. He made it clear that he wasn't the head of balancing, he was part of a team. We were under the assumption that he had most of the control over balancing. Because of this, we couldn't edit the questions so he had no choice but to give the same type of answer.

Top Offline

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 21:31 
head researcher
Name: Gorak
World: Refugia
Vocation: Paladin

I am wondering about this question and answer, does he simply mean it is interesting, or is he hiding the fact that something like this might happen?

Quote:
Have you considered making distinctions within a vocation? For example a paladin that favors crossbows over bows, a knight that can wield two weapons vs adept at blocking?

This sounds interesting...

Top Offline

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 03:15 
Name: Sanosuke Matheus
World: Menera

Have portuguese version?

Top Offline

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 23:53 
Site Admin

@Gorak

My guess is that at the moment its just interesting, I get a feeling that the whole balancing project didn't even start yet.

@Sanosuke Matheus

Sadly, not yet. But tibiabr.com is going to translate it and then it will be avalible either here or there :).

Top Offline

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 02:16 
Name: Yxil
World: Secura

According to the question about monsters like juggernaut, hellhound and other strong creatures, they aren't really supposed to be hunted unless you find a way to kill them without much risk (hellhounds can easily be hunted in team, solo it's also possible for knight, I'm a living proof). They are generally supposed to appear only during quests and be killed only in order to achieve higher goal since it's a waste to kill them.

About balancing, well as a knight I'm quite comfortable with current situation, I'd only adjust knight's natural resistances (cuz we should get like at least half of basic damage, right?) and make some use out of 2h weapons (decrease it's defense, add 10 attack to every 2h weapon, maybe introduce critical strikes), boost knights shielding, add 3rd cloud to block attacks with one handed weapon. I hope they won't change all skills once again (like they did with cooldowns :P).

Top Offline

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 17:32 
Site Admin

@Yxil then the question is why did CIPs add this creatures to hunting tasks? It was logical explanation, when these creatures was in hard to get places to which you usually came once to do the quest. There is not much logic in making this creatures super strong with lame loot.

Balancing is a complicated thing, at the moment the knights have the highest survivability "skill" (high hp, good shielding and spells which heals player during time), the problem here is the healing cost... but in the same time if they would recive less dmg - they would became real tanks.

While thinking about balancing the voacations, we should start from zero and try to get the golden middle. The current problem is that most of us want to balance the vocations using for comparison other vocations -> which leads to unbalancment in other voc... I really wonder if the real balancement is possible in Tibia, especially where even if its morpg most of the players treat it as a singleplayer rpg -they mostly exp alone etc.

Top Offline